What I Can Do For You
Social Media Management, including:
- Community Management – Encouraging discussion in online communities (self-hosted and one existing services), moderating trouble behavior to avoid escalation, promotion of community to increase membership.
- Content – Creating original content with a unique, but on-brand voice. Curation of additional content related to and about brand.
- Strategies – Developing strategies to target markets, including determining timing and frequency of updates, as well as wording, tone, and keywords to maximize impact.
- Frameworks – Build frameworks for member success from onboarding to lifecycle campaigns to retention plans and ongoing education.
- Analytic – Analyze data metrics using web apps and software to determine what reach is gained and how it can be improved.
- Basic Graphic Design – I can put words on pictures with the best of them for original graphics, print, and Facebook, among others. Check out my Design Gallery for examples.
- Office Administration – From answering phones to greeting customers, to order supplies and keeping budgets balanced, if it’s in an office, I’ve done it all.
- Event Planning/Management – Small lunch meetings to 200+ people banquets, I’ve planned or assisted in events of many sizes and shapes.
- Manual and Procedure Writing – Helping co-workers learn new skills or setting new procedures in writing for future use/training.
The heart of social media is conversation. Opening that conversation with your customer, letting them know that their voice is heard, that they feel part of your product. As a community manager, this is my guiding principle: having that conversation with my customer.
Where I’ve Done This
(Please note: This is just a sample of work. Full resume available upon request: resume[at]thatgirlcrystal[dot]com)
Townsquared (Small Business Community)
Created initial onboarding/lifecycle email series. Developed Ambassador and Subject Matter Expert programs and Educational Event Series
Ning (Customer Community)
External social support and Face of Ning. Internally managed customer community, identified All Star members, and raised product feedback for future implementation.
Doggie Time Tales (Product Website)
Utilized Facebook Ads to take newly created fan page from 0 to 2000+ Likes in just one week with minimal budget in effort to generate interest in newly launched product.
Persephone Magazine (Online Media)
A popular female-targeted website reaching thousands of readers daily. Topics I covered included pop culture, news, and a regular series on positivity. See Writing Examples for highlighted pieces.
Gainesville Community Playhouse and Hippodrome Theatre (Non-Profit/Performing Arts)
Developed the Hippodrome’s blog, podcast, and Twitter feed and created and migrated users to Hippodrome Facebook page (from earlier user account). Maintained and designed Facebook pages, including event promotion, cover photo design, update scheduling. Video profile taping and editing for promotion of current and upcoming shows. See Case Study: GCP for more details.
Visual Alliance Media (Social Media Agency)
Account Manager and Company Blogger (see Writing Examples). Managing social media accounts of clients, including updates to Twitter and Facebook accounts, blogging, and providing monthly progress reports.
Wetpaint, Inc (Online Media)
Community Management, including encouraging discussions and user retention as well as dealing with disruptive users. Creating content such as episode guides, blog entries and code of conduct. Proofreading, editing and promoting the site. Updating site tags and inserting keywords for SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Working within corporate branding as a primary community manager for brands including ABC (LOST), FOX (SYTYCD, Bones, American Idol) and Showtime (Dexter, Californication).
University of Florida College of Medicine, Educational Affairs (Higher Education)
Educated and trained Master Educator Fellows (UF CoM Faculty) on how to use Google Docs for a collaborative project. Primarily responsible for regular updates to various OEA websites (WordPress platform). Departmental point person for all websites under the OEA umbrella (11 sites). Developed Social Media Strategy for Office of Admissions.
- Advanced Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook, including PivotTables and Charts, mail merge, and compiling data from multiple worksheets.
- Knowledgeable in Adobe Photoshop, iMovie, Camtasia, and Final Draft.
- Working knowledge of HTML. Experience with many web apps including Facebook, Twitter, Vine, YouTube, WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, Pinterest, Foursquare, Hootsuite, Buffer, and Basecamp.
- Ability to quickly learn and retain knowledge of new programs and systems.
But You Didn’t Mention College…
I did two years toward a BA in Theatre at California University of Pennsylvania. At the end of my first year I returned to Florida and discover that my grandmother, who’d raised me, had moved out of state without telling me and sold all my possessions. I was left homeless. Fortunately, I was taken in by the family of a dear friend (all of whom I now consider my family). I went back to university in the fall, but over the course of the year realized that I needed to take a break from my studies to work and pay down some of the debt I’d accrued. Over ten years later, the lure of the working world has kept me from finishing my studies. I would like to go back someday, possibly through night and online classes, changing my major to marketing or media communications.
I understand that lack of a degree puts me at the bottom of the stack many times, but I know that the right company will find that I will push myself harder and strive to learn more everyday than any degreed candidate.